A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 4 May 2018

No Stamps Allowed

This week's Merry Monday challenge is "no stamps allowed".


I went with an interesting background technique using Brushos with spray starch and
cling wrap, and topped it with a simple die cut:


To make the background, I started by spraying a piece of mixed media paper with spray starch. Then I sprinkled with a couple of shades of blue Brushos.  I scrunched a piece of cling wrap over the top and left it to dry for a few hours.

It made a beautiful winter sky to place behind my reindeer die cut.  I had thought of adding a die cut sentiment but I love the simplicity of the card the way it is so put the sentiment on the inside.





Supplies:
Paper - white cs, mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Ali Express reindeer and tree die, blue Brushos, spray starch, fun foam



12 comments:

  1. Wow such a striking background and loving the effect of the technique. The crisp white die cut looks fabulous against it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous with my (and yours) favorite color blue! The white die cuts just pop beautifully. Love this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Brushos Cling Wrap background for your deer. TFS Susan. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is GORGEOUS! LOVE the colours of the brushos that you've used and so perfect with the cling wrap technique. One of my favourite dies from AliExpress ... looks beautiful - no sentiment required. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I love about your background is the creases from the cling turned out looking like ice crystals. How perfect! Love the white die cut on this, such a beautiful contrast. Love your rich color too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS perfection Susan...absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Your background is stunning and the white die cut scene is all this card needs! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful background for your pretty die cut, Susan! No sentiment needed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Susan, that sky has a gorgeous intensity, perfect for that reindeer scene. It says it all, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That background is amazing! Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful night sky Susan, love that it is so intense and your die cuts are the perfect adornment. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Susan, that background is so perfect for your winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty background with that nice die cut over it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.