A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 17 May 2018

A Very Old Snowman

I'm posting today to remind you about the CAS Christmas Challenge:


I pulled out one of the very first stamps I ever bought.  I saw a booth at a local craft fair and they were demonstrating heat embossing - I was instantly hooked so bought a few stamps, some ink, and some embossing powder.  Today's snowman and sentiment were two of those stamps.


I stamped him, coloured him with markers, and then stamped and heat embossed snowflake dots all around him with more on the ground.  He looks like he's either saying "yah, more snow" or "oh no, when will it stop".

I popped up a stitched die cut frame over him, added a sentiment, and the card was done - definitely clean and simple, which is what cards need to be for our challenge.  Check out the other cards by the rest of the CAS Christmas Design Team and our Guest Designer, Barb (Barb's Studio Creations).  You have until May 24th to enter.  The winner will be invited to be a Guest Designer at one of our upcoming challenges.






Supplies:
Stamps - Old Island Stamp Co. snowman and sentiment, Judith snowflake dots
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, ColorBox Ice
Paper - whtie cs
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing powder, markers, Lil Inker square and rectangle die cuts, foam tape



8 comments:

  1. Living in the northeast of the US, I think he's saying 'Oh no, when will it stop'/ Love your cute snowman, Susan and your snowflakes are really clever!
    Thank you again for having me along as your GD this month...it's been great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This snowman is adorable, Susan! Love the snowstorm going on around him. (I think he's enjoying it too!) Thanks for hosting such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your stories about the stamps, Susan! I remember when I saw a heat-embossing demonstration for the first time. It was a "Wow" moment. :-) Your snowman is so cute and this kind of stamp stands the test of time. The heat-embossed snowflakes make a great background. Thanks so much for hosting and choosing the fun and cute challenge this month! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are right Susan Oldy but goody. I think I have this Old Island stamp. Heat embossing to a newby is so awesome :)
    I love the simplicity of the stamp and the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, you have the coolest stamps, those retired ones no longer available. Love that snowman and the wonderful clean framing of this using your stitched dies. This makes such a great CAS Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your snowman is happy to see more snow. :) This is a great image Susan and the red you've added really makes him pop. Great design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looked like we both got hooked after seeing heat embossing. 😉. This is such a fun and whimsical card, Susan! He looks happy in all that snow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going for yey more snow on your adorable card x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.