A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 12 April 2018

A Wreath with Ribbon

Merry Monday wants us to "add a ribbon" this week.


One of the things I love making for my cards are little Christmas wreaths, and ribbon goes well with wreaths so here's my card:


I made the wreath with scraps of various green dps and the Martha Stewart punch, added gold gemstones, mounted it on a red front door and a white wood background.  I used gold ribbon to "hang" the wreath over the door and to add a bow to the top of the wreath.

Another ready to go into my stash!






Supplies:
Paper - white and red cs, scraps of various green dps
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box door die, Spellbinders circle dies, Martha Stewart pine branch punch, black gemstone, gold ribbon



11 comments:

  1. super sweet looking card...love the pop of red on the door and the interest the bkg gives.
    well done.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wreath, Susan! I love how it stands out on the red door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved the way you created these wreaths with the Martha Stewart punch! Love it on that door with the ribbon. Fantastic job embellishing it with gold gems too. Great card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a BEAUTIFUL wreath Susan and so striking against that red door. And of course the tiny gold bow is the perfect accent for your lovely, lovely card!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wreath Susan, I have that punch and really should pull out some DP to create some images. The door looks awesome with such an adornment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous wreath and such a classy card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make fantastic wreaths with green dps, Susan! And I love the bold red door against the white woodgrain embossed panel. The shiny black door knob is a great accent too. Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Susan! Love the red door with your gorgeous wreath. The ribbon and gold gemstones really add a special touch to the wreath. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Susan, your wreath is so pretty and I love the little scene you have created. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. Love your cute little wreath hanging on the red door. The wood grain background is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card, Susan. The wreath is so pretty and a fantastic way to highlight it hanging it from the bright red door. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.