A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 13 September 2017

Framed Silhouette

I've made an extra card for this month's CAS Watercolour challenge:


Here's the card:


I made a smooshed background by pressing my Faded Jeans Oxide ink onto my craft mat, spritzing with water, and then splashing my piece of watercolour paper into, drying, then repeating, and then doing the process with Cracked Pistachio Oxide ink.

When it was thoroughly dry, I stamped and heat embossed the wildflower silhouette and sentiment onto it.

I framed it and popped it up on fun foam.

So much fun to play with the Oxide inks - the resulting backgrounds are perfect for silhouette stamps or dies.





Supplies:
Stamps - Tim Holtz wildflower, unknown sentiment
Ink -  Versafine Onyx Black; Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio and Faded Jeans
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Impression Obsession frame die, clear embossing powder, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. I need to use my DOX more. What a beautiful background! Love this framed silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done with Oxides. I love the brilliant color and the fabulous framing of the silhouette! I too, need to bring out my Oxides more often after seeing your fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just LOVE how beautifully the Distress Oxide Inks layer, Susan?!? Your background is a perfectly beautiful example of this technique. Love your stamped and heat embossed silhouette wildflower too. TFS your framed beauty my friend. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background with your DOX inks Susan. Splashing is the perfect technique for them. Love the layers of colour and cool design of the ink splashes. Beautiful with that pretty silhouette flower and lovely frame. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really must give my oxides an outing as they do seem perfect for silhouette stamping x . Thank you for the inspiration with this gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Oxide background for the lovely silhouette! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this pretty card...the framing adds such interest yet keeps it simple.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan,your DOX inks created such a gorgeous background for your silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful card using DOx inks. I really need to use mine more. Very inspiring, Susan. Trina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.