A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 25 April 2017

Clingy Thank You

This week's SCS Technique Lovers' Challenge is "Let's Get Clingy" - make a cling wrap background.  I used the technique seen here in Lydia's tutorial. 


I used red brushos, spritzed with water, and scrunched up cling wrap on top of it. It made a perfect background for the die cut leaves and sentiment (both of them cut twice and glued together for more substance). I embellished with a scattering of sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!





Supplies:
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - cling wrap, red Brushos, Memory Box leaf die, Tattered Lace sentiment die, sequins, fun foam



6 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Love that technique. I rarely use red in my cards and I really need to do that. :) I have the outline die that matches this leaf. Will bring to the retreat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful effect and love the gorgeous color, Susan! Haven't been playing but will try this next week! After seeing yours, I can't wait to play again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...Gorgeous Cling Wrap background for your leaf die. TFS Susan. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that background, Susan! The white just pops off it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Susan, the pink really has a punch to it. awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stand out card. Great technique and loving the vibrant colour of your background x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.