A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 5 February 2017

Bubble Wrap and NBUS

It's the last day for Darnell's NBUS 10 challenge.


There is an optional challenge to use bubble wrap in some way.  Here's what I came up with:


I dropped two colours of alcohol inks and the gold mixative from my NBUS Pinata set onto bubble wrap and spritzed with blending solution.  Then I laid mixed media cs on top and pressed down lightly with an acrylic block.

I got a really nice section of bubbles that just fit nicely inside my new Peek-a-Boo window die (another NBUS).  There was a blank space at the bottom of the bubble wrap section, just right for me to stamp "thanks" in gold.

I popped the piece up on fun foam and added three co-ordinating sequins.

Thanks, Darnell, for the great idea - I'll definitely play with bubble wrap some more.






Supplies:
Stamps - SU thanks
Ink - Delicata Golden Glitz ink pad; Pinata alcohol inks (Fuschia, Baja Blue, and Gold)
Paper - white and mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - MFT rectangle peek-a-boo window die, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die, fun foam, sequins, bubble wrap



5 comments:

  1. Great job with the bubble wrap technique Susan. Love how you've framed you piece of art. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the gold "bubbles" look like they're floating! And this die cut frame is a perfect way to display your art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, love the colours on this piece. The gold is the perfect touch!!!
    Beautiful card :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bubble wrap alcohol ink image turned out beautifully Susan. I need to try using an acrylic block the next time. I love your die cut framing too. TFS my friend. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know "awesome" is overused, but, Susan, this card is so AWESOME!! I love how you really let your beautiful bubble wrap result be the star of the card! And, bonus, I have that peak-a-boo die in my NBUS stuff, so thank you for the design idea!! And thank you for playing again in #10 and joining in the optional theme!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.