A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 3 December 2016

Inspired Masculine Card

Last week's SCS Inspiration Challenge inspired me to do another masculine Christmas card for Merry Monday.
Audrie on SCS sent us to the Art of Journalling Pinterest site for inspiration. I chose this image:





It seemed perfect for a masculine Christmas card.  Here's what I made:




I started by stamping the sentiment and heat embossing in white on watercolour paper. Then I stamped the trees in black pigment ink (both first and second generation) and heat embossed in clear. Lastly I took my versamarker and made the moon and the dots for stars and heat embossed them with black embossing powder.

I then flooded the whole piece with water and dropped in various shades of brown watercolour paint, keeping it dark around the sentiment and light around the moon.

It ended up quite warped so I stuck it down to self-adhesive fun foam - a great way to flatten out watercolour panels. I bordered with black cs.




Thanks for taking a look!






Supplies:
Stamps - SU Lovely as a Tree, SU Bright and Beautiful sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, black and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, versmarker, embossing powder (white, clear, and black), fun foam



8 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to build this beautiful, peaceful scene, Susan! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous masculine card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic masculine Christmas card Susan. Great techniques and great design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS card Susan and perfect for our masculine challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Mondays! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous masculine card, thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome masculine card, love the brown watercoloured background against the black trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous winter scene - congrats on the Merry Monday win!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.