A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 11 December 2016

Cling Wrap Background with Stars

Lydia (aka "UnderstandBlue") posted a great Mixability challenge over at SCS - "Feeling Clingy?".  She included a video and instructions for creating a great background using cling wrap and wet pigment.

Here's what I created:


I followed her instructions and sprinkled blue and black brushos on cling wrap, then spritzed with water, and laid a piece of watercolour paper on top of it. Scrunched up the cling wrap and left it to dry. I don't think I got as much nice texture as Lydia did but I like my panel.

When dry, I stencilled stars and the word "Dream" (using two different TCW stencils) with gold embossing paste. And left that to dry (this card took a long time to make because of all the drying time).

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a small piece of white cs, and sponged it with a bit of blue ink so it didn't look so stark on the background.

I added the panel to fun foam for dimension and used a white card base.

I also had the Mixed Media December challenge in mind:


I've got both the gold and the optional element of "star" so I'm entering it over there.

Thanks for stopping by!






Supplies:
Stamps - Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Gold, Distress Faded Jeans
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - blue and black brushos, TCW stencils, Dreamweaver gold embossing paste, clear embossing powder, fun foam




7 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! How lovely, Susan. Gorgeous blue background and great gold stars and sentiment. Thanks for playing along at The MMCC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful background Susan. And great technique. Love it paired with the gold embossing paste stars. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the feeling of movement in your background, Susan! It makes a beautiful sky for those gold stars! I always love to see this sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous, just love the dreamy swirly blue background with the gold. awesome card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! I haven't heard that quote before and I love it! You have created a beautiful sparkly background to highlight this quote:) Thanks for playing at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card, love the gold and blue combo! thanks for joining in with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Susan. I love that dreamy background. Thanks for playing along at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.