A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 9 October 2016

Red with a Ghosted Butterfly

The October CAS Mix Up challenge is "ghosting".  And the SCS Mix-ability challenge is "The Color Red".   But once I'd finished this card, I decided it wasn't CAS enough for the CAS Mix Up challenge so it only got entered in the Mix-ability one.


I dropped red and yellow alcohol inks and gold mixative onto Yupo paper and let the colours mix and dry.

I then laid a stencil over top and used alcohol ink blending solution and a felt pad to lift the colour off.

I added a gold heat embossed sentiment and some gold sequins, and popped the panel up on fun foam.

Thanks for stopping by!




Supplies:
Stamps - Paper Angel sentiment
Ink - ColorBox gold, red and yellow alcohol inks
Paper - Yupo, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - alcohol ink blending solution, gold mixative, Crafters Workshop stencil, gold embossing powder, fun foam, gold sequins



2 comments:

  1. Such a cool technique Susan. Love the vibrant colours from the alcohol inks. The blending solution really worked well to create the ghosting of the stencil design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This background is gorgeous, Susan! And the butterfly ghosted beautifully! When I tried ghosting on alcohol ink, I didn't have good results. Maybe I need to try the Yupo paper. Anyway, a beautiful card for a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.