A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 1 September 2016

Marbling for CAS Mix Up

Summer has flown by and it's time for another CAS Mix Up challenge.  This month it is "Marbling".


I used stamping for my sentiment, marbling for the background of my focal panel, and heat embossing and die-cutting for my choices.


I used the good old shaving cream technique to do my marbling.  If you've never done it and want to give it a try, check this tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.

I used three reinkers (two shades of blue and one of green) in the shaving cream and tried it with a few different cardstocks and watercolour paper.  This one is my favourite result - it is on a high quality, very smooth cs (the name of which I have no idea as it's just in my stash!).

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, cut out a stitched rectangle, added a die cut stem, and popped it up on a white cardbase.

Head on over to CAS Mix Up and check out the cards by the other Design Team members.  You'll also find some other tutorials for marbling and the list of "your choice" options.  You have until September 24 to enter a card.  Please don't forget to keep your card clean and simple.

Hoping you will join us!!





Supplies:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black for sentiment; 3 reinkers: SU Brocade Blue, SU Sage Shadow, Memento Summer Sky
Paper - white and black cs, heavy smooth white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - shaving cream, Memory Box die, black embossing powder, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die, fun foam



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful shaving cream marbled background for your die cut wild flowers and sentiment. A wonderful example of CAS Mixed Media design. TFS Susan. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour mix of your pretty marbled background Susan. The black die-cut and embossed sentiment really pop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors and pattern with your marbling, Susan! I love the silhouetted flowers on that background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your black die cut and stamping really pop off your lovely shaving cream marble background Susan! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a delicate effect on your background and do so love it against the black flower heads x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.