A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 18 February 2016

Emboss Resist Sleigh Ride

Before I get on to today's card, I want to share some exciting news.  Two of my favourite stampers, Loll Thompson and Bonnie Klass, are starting a new challenge blog on March 1st.  They are calling it CAS Mix Up Card Challenge.  It's perfect for those of us who make mainly CAS cards but want to dabble in a bit of mixed media.  So head on over and sign up!

This week's SCS Technique Lovers' Challenge is "Revisiting Emboss Resist".  I love emboss resist so made this card:


I stamped the sleigh ride and the sentiment in white and heat embossed it. Using lots of different Distress inks, I sponged the ground and sky.

For the snow, I sprinkled chunky white ep randomly over the sky and in a more controlled line along the "ground" the sleigh is on. I heated it from underneath.

The bell that is part of the sentiment stamp did not look right so I restamped it on a scrap of watercolour paper, heat embossed it in gold, painted the bell in gold, fussy cut it, and layered it over the original white bell.  Here's a close-up:


Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies:

Stamps: Great Impressions "Jingle All the Way", Tim Holtz sleigh
Paper: Penny Black luxury white cs, scrap of watercolour paper
Paper Size: A2
Ink: ColorBox white and gold; Distress Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, and Iced Spruce
Accessories: white embossing powder, gold watercolour paint, Frantage Chunky White embossing powder, fun foam sheet

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out Susan! Love your emboss resist card. I think I have this stamp set, but haven't inked it up yet ... what am I waiting for??!! :) Love the mix of saturated colours for your background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful background and snow sky and ground, Susan! Love this! Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.