A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 2 January 2016

Frosted Windowpanes



For two challenges over at Splitcoast Stampers - Free for All "Icing on the Cake" (to have something on the card that is frosted) and Mixability "Snow".

I started with a Tim Holtz brick embossing folder, then used shimmer embossing paste and a light sprinkle of ice blue glitter through the Falling Snow stencil (it's hard to see it in the photo).

I took a piece of scrap of clear plastic acetate that has molded lines on it (it held dishwasher detergent cubes!) and cut a square of it and edged the ridges with Sparkle Texture Effect. And added the Texture Effect along the bottom edge for a build-up of snow.

I framed the window with thin strips of fun foam and a die cut square frame. Behind the window is a scrap of dp to represent interior curtains or wall paper.

And I added the perfect sentiment for the Free for All challenge - "frosted windowpanes" - heat embossed in Irridescent Ice.

It's my first card for next Christmas's stash and for the Christmas Card Challenge on SCS - a great way to motivate you to work on Christmas cards all year!






Supplies:
Stamps: Impression Obsession sentiment
Paper: white cs, Anna Griffin dp
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Archival Brilliance Pearlescent Ice Blue
Accessories: Tim Holtz brick embossing folder, Nesties square dies, fun foam, SU Irridescent Ice ep, Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow stencil, Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Sparkle embossing paste, ice blue glitter, Martha Stewart Sparkle Texture Effect, scrap of molded plastic

1 comment:

  1. Your frosted panes are so pretty! Love the glitter added to your brick background ... lovely sparkle. And love the pretty patterned paper for your inside. Great card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.