A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 3 November 2015

Three Unrelated Christmas Cards

I'm a big fan of Splitcoaststampers' challenges.  Two of my favourites are on a Monday - the CAS challenge and the Technique challenge.

This week's Technique challenge is "White Silhouettes".

 
I created a starry sky with a stencil, embossing paste, and a light sprinkle of glitter, then stamped and  heat embossed my image in white at the bottom.  I grounded the image with a scribbled line of white paint and added a simple die cut sentiment.

Next up is a card for the Inspiration Challenge.  We were to be inspired by an image at a Pinterest site of free printables.  I chose this image as it inspired me to ink up a stamp I've never used before.


Stamped it and then coloured bits of it with Distress inks and a water brush. Then I sponged the edges, bordered with black, and used a glue pen a mixture of gold and clear glitter (I wanted the glitter to look a bit tarnished and vintage).

And now a very basic card, also using a stamp I hadn't inked up before.  This one is for the CAS Challenge "Time to Hibernate" - use a critter that hibernates.   I made the card and then realized I see the bear as a polar bear and polar bears don't hibernate!  But I'll just think of him as a generic bear who will head off to hibernate after he's given the children a ride.


I coloured with Copics, added a smidge of glitter to the bear's hat and the ground below the bear, and die cut with a stitched square.

I love making Christmas cards so I hope you enjoy looking at them!






Supplies:
Sleigh Ride: 
Stamps -  Tim Holtz sleigh, Wordsworth sentiment 
Paper - white and black cs
Ink - ColorBox Frost White
Accessories - Simon Says Stamp star stencil, embossing paste, gold glitter, white embossing powder, Sharpie white paint pen, Spellbinders die, foam tape 
Vintage Winter:
Stamps - Inkadinkado
Paper - white, black, and kraft cs
Ink - Ranger Archival Black, various Distress inks
Accessories - glue pen, gold and clear glitter
Bear:
Stamps - SU Bearing Gifts
Paper - white and ride cs
Ink - Ranger Archival Black
Accessories - glue pen, clear glitter, Lil Inkers Stitched Square dies, Copic markers

2 comments:

  1. LOL, after giving all those kids a ride that bear will need a long nap! Love the white sleigh against the dark starry sky! Great job of coloring that vintage image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are stunning! I especially love the card with the vintage look. I agree with your sister, you should call it an Artist's Garret because you are an artist. By the way, I found your lovely blog via SCS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.