A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Rain and Wind


I really dislike the combination of rain and wind - when the wind blows the rain under your umbrella, through your raincoat, etc. In fact, I don't like rain much at all (though I know we need it!) and unfortunately for me, I live in Vancouver, Canada - part of the rainy Pacific Northwest coast!! But I love this city and wouldn't move!

I made an alcohol ink background with some silver mixative in it - it looks like a stormy blowy sky to me. Simple stamping of the woman with her umbrella blown inside out and the sentiment ("life moments" seemed perfect for one of these kind of moments!) in Staz-on (the background was done on glossy cs).

It's for this week's SCS CAS challenge - to make a CAS card using one of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges (a charitable challenge at SCS).  I chose UnderstandBlue's challenge "Whatever the Weather" - make a card on the theme of the weather you like the least.






Supplies:
Stamps: Deep Red woman, Tim Holtz sentiment
Paper: black and white cs, glossy cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Staz-on Black
Accessories: various alcohol inks, silver alchohol ink mixative, foam tape
Techniques: alcohol ink polished stone

3 comments:

  1. Blowing rain is no fun, Susan, except on your card! What a wonderful image and a perfect stormy sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card!
    I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog! Be sure to check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun card...love how the bkg turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.