A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 2 September 2017

White Silhouette

I can't believe it is September and that means summer is basically over!!  The new challenge for CAS Watercolour is:


My first thought was that a silhouette should be black but for our challenge, it can be black, white, metallic (gold, silver, etc.), navy, brown, etc.  I was glad it could be white as I had this wonderful die cut of children heading off to a birthday party that I wanted to turn into a simple CAS card that didn't involve colouring the die cut.


The background was made with blue brushos sprinkled on watercolour paper, then spritzed heavily to get good coverage.  For added interest, I splattered a bit of darker blue brusho that I'd watered down on an acrylic block.

I stamped a sentiment onto the silhouette, glued it onto the brusho background, and trimmed the background to fit the silhouette.  It's popped up on fun foam for some dimension.

Head on over to CAS Watercolour to see the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and this month's Guest Designer, the wonderfully talented Birgit of the Rapport Fran Ett Skrivbord blog.  You have until September 24th to link up your card.  Please be sure it is clean and simple, and includes some kind of watercolouring and a silhouette, either stamped or die cut.






Supplies:
Stamps - Savvy Stamps Happy Birthday
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - blue brushos, Spellbinders Party Kids die



13 comments:

  1. Your Brushos sky background is perfect for your sweet die cut silhouette image of the children skipping to a birthday party:-) Such a wonderful CAS silhouette design for our challenge. TFS Susan. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Brusho background for the gorgeous silhouette - love this card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great background for such an adorable silhouette. The whole image just makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Brushos background Susan. Such a beautiful bright summer sky. Looks awesome with the darker splatters. And that is one sweet die-cut. So pretty in white over top of the blue. Great design, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your blue background, Susan. And your diecut silhouette is so sweet and playful. Beautiful card. 😊 Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a happy birthday scene, Susan! I love the white silhouette! It's perfect for this festive occasion, and it enhances the beauty of your blue sky background. The darker blue splatters are a nice finishing touch too. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the contrast of the stark white against the ever so pretty blue background. Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet silhouette image Christine which looks great in white and stands out beautifully against that beautiful blue background. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Susan, I had a senior moment then..lol. I was interruped and came back to it with Christine in my head, I do apologise. x

      Delete
    2. No problem - I do that sort of thing all the time - far too many senior moments these days!!

      Delete
  9. I love the image of the children running through the grass. It's always fun going to a party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a delightful card mf...love the children's birthday march, your bkg is gorgeous.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun die cut, Susan! I can imagine the giggles and singing accompanying such a parade! It's perfect with the pretty blue Brusho background, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.