A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 9 May 2017

May Flowers

This week's CAS challenge over at SCS is "May Flowers".


To create my flowers, I placed a flower stencil over watercolour paper and sprinkled different colours of brushos through the openings, then (with the stencil still in place) spritzed with water.

I added my little sentiment square over a section of stem where the colour ran too much and made a splotch, bordered in black, and added three black pearls for interest and balance.


I thought I'd mention that yesterday I had the great pleasure of meeting Nancy Littrell in person for the first time!  After knowing her through SCS for ages (we've been part of the group that does the CAS Favorites thread every week) and more recently, the CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour design teams, it was such a thrill to pick her up at the Vancouver airport yesterday.  She's in town for a five day card-making retreat with me, Loll Thompson, and Christine Alexander.   We have taken over Christine's whole house and we've planned great meals, a couple of outings, daily dog walks with my two spaniels and Christine's two golden retrievers, and lots and lots of crafting.  Watch for upcoming posts with photos and the results of our work!






Supplies:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - watercolour paper, cream and black cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - brushos, white embossing powder, black pearls, stencil




6 comments:

  1. How wonderfully bold and bright Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very envious of your little crafty retreat x What an eye catching card. The brusho's look fabulous through that stunning stencil. Great job and loving the placement of the sentiment! LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colors are so vibrant and your images are so distinct using that technique! What a fun time you must be having! Can't wait to see what you and your friends create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This turned out beautifully! I love those bright colors and that's a beautiful stencil! I KNOW you are all having a wonderful time! Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Have a great time creating that sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This stencil is just perfect for this technique, Susan. Great job! Love the vibrant colours with the black framing. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.