A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 16 November 2016

Watercolour with Snowflakes

Time for a reminder card for the fabulous new CAS Watercolour challenge!  Be sure to check out all the fabulous ideas from the Design Team and enter your card by November 24th!


Here's my card:

I laid a TCW stencil on watercolour paper, sprinkled two shades of blue brushos over the opening, spritzed with water, and immediately removed the stencil.

When it was dry, I relaid the stencil and randomly stamped with a script stamp using Archival Cobalt Blue ink.

The sentiment banner looks like black cs in the photo but is actually navy blue.  The sentiment is heat embossed in white.  The panel is popped up with fun foam on the cardbase, as is the sentiment banner.

A scattering of sequins finish it off.

We'd love to see your cards - remember they must be CAS, must include some form of watercolour, and must have some text other than the sentiment.





Supplies:
Stamps - Serendipity "let it snow", Wendy Vecchi script stamp
Ink - Archival Cobalt Blue, ColorBox white
Paper - watercolour paper, white and navy cs
Size - A2
Accessories - turquoise and oster blue brushos, TCW stencil, white embossing powder, blue sequins, fun foam



8 comments:

  1. The brushos over the stencil has worked really well here Susan and the script in the background and the sentiment finish it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how the brushos work with your beautiful stencil Susan. The colours are so pretty and pair perfectly with the dark blue script stamping in the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful example of this stencil/Brusho technique! I love the contrast of the sentiment! An awesome card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my new favorite card of yours, Susan! It is well-balanced and perfectly designed in every way!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, I love how you used your stencil as a mask to stamp your text. Looks great. Your sentiment and sequins were the perfect final touches. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is a beauty Susan. I love the colours and they're great techniques. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Susan I love the layers of stamping, embossing and stamping here - what a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous background in the blues Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.