A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 27 October 2016

Starch and Brushos

I had fun with some friends recently using spray starch with brushos to make backgrounds.

Here's a card using the technique:


It's pretty easy to do the background - spray some starch on watercolour paper, sprinkle with brushos, cover with slightly scrunched cling wrap and let dry.

I added two diecut mistletoe sprays (double layered for more dimension), a bow to tie the sprays together, pearls for the berries, and a sentiment.

Another for my Christmas card stash and for the SCS Ways to Use It challenge "Oh Ribbon"!






Supplies:
Stamps - Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - Memento Cottage Ivy
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - green ribbon, fun foam, green brushos, spray starch, cling wrap



5 comments:

  1. Your background is so pretty Susan!! Love this technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern in your background, Susan! Love that mistletoe too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty background Susan. I have yet to try that technique...I would have to get starch 1st. Maybe the dollar store. I really do love your pretty background and CAS design. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vibrant colors on this are just magnificent, Susan, and they make the perfect background for the mistletoe!! I love how this technique turns out! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.