A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 4 July 2016

Gold Bird

I'm thrilled to be staying on the Christmas Challenge Design Team for Happy Little Stampers for another six months.  The challenge for July is:


My favourite way to add gold to a card is with gold heat embossing.  I kept my card very simple - just gold and white.

I wanted the borders for my sentiment and focal panel to match the gold embossing on the bird and "joy" so rubbed the edges of the border pieces with ink and sprinkled on the same embossing powder

I used an embossing folder for my background that I thought really went well with the snowflake flourish that is part of the bird stamp.

Come and join us during the month of July and show us your Christmas cards featuring "gold".   Happy Little Stampers is offering a prize for the best card.


And be sure to check back on August 5th for the next challenge!





Supplies:
Stamps - Inkadinkado bird, Rubber Soul joy
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories -Cuttlebug embossing folder, gold embossing powder, Nesties circle dies



11 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the texture from the dry embossed background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Susan and I love the richness of the gold against the pure white card! Great idea to emboss your card edges to match.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Susan and I love the richness of the gold against the pure white card! Great idea to emboss your card edges to match.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super conbo of dry and heat embossong and I really like the simplicity of just gold plus white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so elegant with the gold embossing! Such a pretty bird and I love the matching border!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. The emboss pattern does work nicely with the flourish on the bird, and love the gold embossing. Such a lovely card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Love to work with you to. I´have looked around in your blod there is lots of fab work and a great idea blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous and elegant. The swirls in the embossing and the bird work so well together. The gold embossing is fabulous. So happy to be on this new DT with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so beautiful and classy. I'm so glad to be on the new DT and working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this combination of two types of embossing! Looks wonderful!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.