A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 5 March 2016

Christmas Shapes at Happy Little Stampers

The March Happy Little Stampers' Christmas challenge for March is:

                                             

For my Design Team card, I chose a triangle as I have some shimmery red triangular card blanks that are perfect for challenges like this.


I kept the card very CAS to allow the shape to take centre stage.  I die cut the Flowering Christmas Tree in once in shimmery gold cs and twice in white cs and glued the three together to give it dimension.  I stamped and heat embossed "joy" in gold in the corner and added dark gold nailheads to the flowers to tie in with the dark gold of the "joy".

Here's hoping you can join us at Happy Little Stampers.  The challenge winner will receive one stamp set from HLS!







Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous "joy"
Ink - Versamark
Paper - gold shimmer cs, white cs, blank red shimmer triangle card base
Size - fits an A2 envelope
Accessories - Memory Box Flowering Christmas Tree die, gold ep, dark gold nailheads



6 comments:

  1. How perfect to have these card blanks, Susan! And the red background is beautiful with the die cut flowers in the same shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the triangle shape and the red really shows off the gorgeous gold die-cut. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, and a nice change of pace from lots of the circle shapes that many of us chose. I love the brilliance of the gleaming red behind the gold swirls. A beautiful way to use the tree die so stunningly & love the tiny Joy in the corner. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the shape you chose, Susan. The red and gold is so beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Beautiful Christmas card. I love your solution to the unusual shape of the card. Great idea This is a unique inspiration.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.