A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 12 October 2015

An Overdose of Gemstones!

I borrowed my friend Loll's Twinkling Tree stamp recently and stamped several panels with it.  When I saw the new Addicted to CAS challenge "Sparkle", I decided that I could use gemstones on each of the twinkling lights on the tree.  Little did I realize it would use about a packet and a half of gemstones and would take a very long time to add each little gemstone.  Even using my very fine-pointed tweezers, my hands ached at the end of it.  Here's the result:


Luckily I'd stamped it on Gina K heavyweight cs (and used the same as the cardbase) as all those gemstones need a heavy cs!

The tree and sentiment are stamped in brown and I used a matching brown cs as a border.  The gemstones are from Recollections - they come in a packet containing both red and dark red in three different sizes that nicely fit the little circles on the stamp.  And I like the mix of the two tones of red.

It's an unusual colour scheme for me - outside of my normal colour choices - but I like the end result, and it sure does sparkle in real life!






Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Twinkling Tree, Old Island Stamp Co. sentiment
Paper: Gina K cream cs, brown cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Wendy Vecchi Potting Soil
Accessories: Recollections red gemstones

7 comments:

  1. pretty and the gems add such an elegant touch!
    hugs mf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the gems...so worth the trouble. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Susan, and will be a gift itself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty tree! The gems are perfectly placed and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, my goodness, this is brilliant both literally and in design! Congratulations for being the CAS Perfectionist at ATCAS for this beautiful card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.